Samaggi Samagom would like to guarantee that the information that the applicants provided will be protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
To ensure the protection, all Samaggi staffs involved in the competition have signed and abided to the following statements:
1. Nondisclosure Obligation: The staff shall not disclose any information received from applicants in the competition to any third party except with prior written approval from the President and the Chief Legal Officer of Samaggi Samagom.
2. Applicability to Associated Parties: Any information disclosed to the staff by the applicants or their agents, is covered by this Agreement.
3. Standard of Protection: The staff shall treat all confidential information of the Disclosing Party with the same degree of care as he accords to their own confidential information.
4. Report of Misconduct: The staff shall report any misconduct, malpractice, abuse, or fraud regarding the said information by any relevant party to the President and/or the Chief Legal Officer of Samaggi Samagom in order for the necessary disciplinary and legal actions to be pursued.
5. Compliance: The staff shall ensure that, during the execution of his task, his treatment of the said information complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as any other relevant laws and regulations.
6. Assumption of Liability: In the case of breach of any of the foregoing clauses of this Agreement, which causes any damages to the owner of the said information, the staff shall solely assume liability owed to such owner as a result of that breach.
Furthermore, the staffs, reviewers, and judges of the competition must sign and abide by the following statement:
1. The staffs, reviewers, and judges agree not to collect or harvest any personal data of any authors who submitted abstracts to the Organisation.
2. The staffs, reviewers, and judges shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any parts of the abstract, including the title, for any other purposes without the prior written consent of the Organisation or the respective authors of the abstract.